Fashion Design Courses Adelaide. Buy Gossip Girl Fashion. Fiji Fashion Week Models.
Fashion Design Courses Adelaide
- (Fashion Designing) Is a profession for all those people who like to take the above defined seriously.Requires drive and unrelenting passion to understand the nuances of science,art and mathematics put together to make and stylize clothes.
- The art dedicated to the creation of wearing apparel and lifestyle
- Fashion design is the art of the application of design and [[aesthetics]or natural beauty] to clothing and accessories. Fashion design is influenced by cultural and social attitudes, and has varied over time and place.
- the state capital of South Australia
- Adelaide (1879)
- A city in southern Australia, the capital and chief port of the state of South Australia; pop. 1,050,000
- Adelaide is a song for solo voice and piano by Ludwig van Beethoven. It was written in 1795-1796, when the composer was about 25 years old, and published as his Opus 46.
- The route or direction followed by a ship, aircraft, road, or river
- The way in which something progresses or develops
- (course) move swiftly through or over; "ships coursing the Atlantic"
- (course) education imparted in a series of lessons or meetings; "he took a course in basket weaving"; "flirting is not unknown in college classes"
- (course) naturally: as might be expected; "naturally, the lawyer sent us a huge bill"
- A procedure adopted to deal with a situation
Henry Seligman Residence
Midtown Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
No. 30 West 56Street, design
ed by C.P.H. Gilbert for prominent investment banker Henry Seligman and his wife Adelaide, stands as a particularly grand and well-preserved example of the fashion
able townhouses that once lined the 50s side streets off Fifth Avenue. Constructed between 1899 and 1901, the residence was one of several townhouses on the block built for bankers at the turn of the twentieth century, and the street became known as “Bankers’ Row.” Gilbert, who also designed Seligman’s summer house in Elberon, New Jersey, had received many commissions from New York’s leading families at that time and was familiar with designing townhouses in a variety of architectural styles. For 30 West 56Street, Gilbert employed the restrained neo-French Renaissance style on a limestone facade spanning two lots that gave the townhouse an imposing presence on a street where narrow rowhouses prevailed. Above the rusticated ground floor are original second-story wood windows and an intricately-carved stone balcony supported by brackets. Adorning the second, third and fourth floors are stone quoins and window surrounds with broken lintels over the central windows on the third and fourth floors. A fourth-story balcony and a large ornate cornice resting on paired consoles further enhance the look of the elegant facade. A mansard roof with elaborate segmental-arched dormers projects over the rooflines of the adjoining buildings.
Seligman was a senior partner in the prestigious investment banking firm of J. & W. Seligman & Company, founded in 1864 by his uncles and his father, Jesse. The Seligmans established themselves as one of the pre-eminent German-Jewish families in the United States and became known as “the American Rothschilds.” Henry Seligman was also influential in financing railroad construction in the American West as well as serving as a director for several major industrial and artistic organizations across the United States. He and his wife resided at 30 West 56 Street until their deaths in 1933 and 1934, respectively. Although it remained in use as a single-family residence somewhat longer than other houses on the block, 30 West 56Street was converted into apartments in 1941. At mid-century, the block gradually became known as “Restaurant Row” for the large number of eating establishments that occupied the ground floors of the townhouses; 30 West 56 Street was for over twenty years the location of the popular Romeo Salta restaurant.
During the first half of the nineteenth century, the area now known as Midtown Manhattan was gradually transformed from open farmland north of the city to a fringe area of shanty towns, stockyards, blacksmiths and similar hazardous manufacturing uses. The landscaping of Central Park begun in 1857, however, combined with the northward growth of New York City on Manhattan Island, helped turn the area into a middle-class residential district, while pushing the shanty towns further northward. During the building boom that followed the Civil War, four-story brick- and brownstone-faced rowhouses were constructed on the side streets of the West 40s and 50s, as larger mansions were erected along Fifth Avenue. Beginning in 1879, the Vanderbilt family built several mansions on Fifth Avenue. They had such an influence on the development of the neighborhood that the ten blocks off Fifth Avenue south of Central Park gradually became known as “Vanderbilt Row,” one of the most prestigious residential districts in late-nineteenth-century New York.
Three blocks south of Central Park, West 56 Street between Fifth and Sixth Avenues followed the trend of other blocks in the area as it became a fashion
able location for many of the city’s most affluent citizens. William Waldorf Astor, Edwin Gould and William Ziegler bought the Fifth Avenue corner lots and built mansions there. While modest brownstones occupied most of the lots on the West 56 Street block by 1871, more upscale townhouses began to emerge by the end of the century. In keeping with the taste of the time, many of the facades of the older rowhouses from the 1860s and 1870s had been given new facades or had been replaced altogether with more up-to-date Georgian and neo-Renaissance style houses. In 1899, investment banker Henry Seligman commissioned C.P.H. Gilbert to design his neo-French Renaissance townhouse on two lots at 30-32 West 56 Street. Within the first years of the twentieth century, the block quickly became associated with several other prominent bankers who also hired well-known architects to design their fashion
able townhouses: the Beaux-Arts style Frederick C. and Birdsall Otis Edey Residence at No. 10 (Warren & Wetmore, 1901-1903), the neo-Georgian style Harry B. Hollins Residence at No. 12-14 (Stanford White of McKim, Meade & White, 1899-1901), the Beaux-Arts style E. Hayward Ferry Residence at No. 26 (H.A. Jacobs, 1907), the Be
Bondi Junction is an eastern suburb of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Bondi Junction is located 6 kilometres east of the Sydney central business district and is part of the local government area of the Waverley.
Bondi Junction is a largely commercial area which has undergone many changes since the late 20th century. There have been many major commercial and residential developments around the main street and surrounding area, notably a new bus/rail interchange and large shopping mall.
Bondi Beach is a neighbouring suburb to the east with a world-famous beach. Bondi and North Bondi are also neighbouring suburbs.
Bondi is an Aboriginal word meaning water breaking over rocks. It has been spelt a number of different ways over time: for example, Boondi, Bundi and Bundye.
The first house in the area was Waverley House, which was built by Barnett Levey in 1827, on the current site of Waverley Street. The house changed hands many times over the years before finally being abolished. When Waverley Municipality was proclaimed in 1859, the name was taken from Waverley House.
Henry Hough was first given a grant of land on the site of Bondi Junction in 1832. On his estate, he built a wind-powered flour mill. This was accessed by a track leading of the South Head Road (now Oxford Street) the suburb's main thoroughfare. Hough named his farm Hope, but it was colloquially dubbed Mill Hill.
In 1854 the first hotel in the area opened. It was named The Waverley Tea Gardens and the surrounding area quickly took that name, quickly shortened to simply "Tea Gardens", which stuck for the next 30 years. By 1878 steam had supplanted wind in milling and the estate was closed. In May 1881 it was subdivided. Streets in this subdivision that exist today are Mill Hill Road and Hough Street. The subdivision of the estate coincided with the opening of the first tramway to the area - steam trams began operation from Taylor Square in Darlinghurst on March 12 1881.
With the extension of the tram lines to Bondi Beach, Charing Cross and Bronte later in the decade, the term Bondi Junction was coined. It referred to the junction of the Bondi and Bronte tram lines at the corner of the now Oxford Street and Bronte Road.
With the subdivision of surrounding suburbs complete by 1930, Bondi Junction quickly grew into a major entertainment and commercial centre. Tram lines ran to Bondi Beach via Birriga Road, Bondi Beach via Bondi Road, Bronte Beach and The Spot, Randwick and of course, the City at Circular Quay and Central railway station. A tram depot was established on the corner of South Head Road (renamed Oxford Street with the completion of widening works in Darlinghurst) and the present day York Road. Oxford Street quickly became crowded and congested. By the 1960s traffic was at the point that Bondi Junction was one of the worse bottlenecks in Sydney.
The suburb was historically divided by the border of Waverley and Woollahra councils. In 2003 the boundary was realigned from Oxford Street to the bypass road (see below), giving Waverley Council full control of the commercial areas of the suburb.
Bondi Junction railway station is an underground
station which is the eastern terminus of the Eastern Suburbs railway on the CityRail system. A bus interchange is located at ground level, above the railway station and below residential towers.
The Sydney tram network was closed in 1958 and the tram depot converted to a bus depot. This temporarily reduced the traffic problem in the area, but the rise of the private motor vehicle soon made the problem acute. A railway to Sydney's eastern suburbs was first proposed by John Young, Mayor of Sydney in the 1870s. This was subsequently incorporated into Dr John Bradfield's Scheme for improving Sydney's railways. The line was never built as Bradfield envisaged. See: Eastern suburbs railway.
In 1976 with construction of the railway underway and the NSW Government resolving to actually complete the project as far as Bondi Junction, construction was also begun on an elevated freeway-standard bypass of Bondi Junction. The Bondi Junction Bypass (later renamed Syd Einfeld Drive after the notable local man and one-time Member for Phillip), unlike the railway, was constructed quickly, opening in January 1979. The road runs around the northern side of the business district from Oxford Street at Ocean Street to Oxford Street at Bondi Road and is elevated at approximately five metres from ground level. It is constructed as a continuous concrete plank bridge. At less than 2km it is often noted as the shortest freeway in Sydney. The freeway is, in fact, the only section ever built of a much longer planned road known as the Eastern Freeway - a proposed freeway abandoned in the 1960s, which would have travelled between the Sydney CBD and Bondi.
With the railway opening in June 1979, major changes to traffic flow were made in Bondi Junction. The main thoroughfare, Oxford Street became devoted
Related topics: part time fashion jobs latest fashion in dress fashion model search scene hair fashion fashion boutiques in atlanta school fashion show fashion jobs in dubai online shopping fashion malaysia 1967 fashion pictures